Care: 9966109191/9866091111

CBSE school affiliation guidelines

    1. This is an electronic Application Form. Please read the following instructions and procedures carefully before you start filling the form.
    2. Please read the Affiliation Bye Laws carefully before applying.
    3. Following types of Schools are eligible for affiliation with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE):-
      1. Government or Government aided schools
      2. Schools run by autonomous organisations under the Government like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Central Tibetan Schools Organization (CTSO), Sainik Schools Society etc.
      3. Schools run by Government Department directly like Defence, Railways etc.
      4. Schools managed directly by Public Sector Undertakings or by reputed societies of Public Sector Undertakings under the financial control of such Public Sector Undertakings or by Societies formed by such Undertakings
      5. Private, unaided schools.
    4. Online application may be submitted for the following :-
      1. Approval of Middle Class Syllabus/Affiliation or Switch Over upto Secondary level/ Upgradation or Switch Over to Senior Secondary level
      2. Additional Subjects, applicable in case of already CBSE affiliated Senior Secondary schools.
      3. Extension of Provisional Affiliation in case of already CBSE affiliated school upto Secondary / Senior Secondary level.


    1. There will be no Composite Affiliation upto Class XII except in ‘switch over cases’ mentioned at Point No. 2 above. For non switch over cases, a school has to first affiliate itself with CBSE upto Secondary stage and run class IX for a minimum period of one year before applying for Upgradation to Senior Secondary level.
    2. Affiliation fee is to be deposited by online banking/ debit card/credit card/NEFT.
  1. It may be ensured that the school is fulfilling the following essential conditions, otherwise the application is likely to be summarily rejected:-
    1. A ‘ i) No Objection Certificate
      ii) Recognition Letter from the State Government
      Recommendation from concerned Embassy of India in case of schools located outside India.Note:- NOC/Recognition is not required in cases of schools run by Government  Departments/Government Undertakings/managed by Societies for Govt. Undertakings and financed and controlled by the Undertakings.
    2. Ownership or lease of requisite land in the name of the school or Society/Trust running the school. (If the land has been taken on lease, acceptable lease period is 30 years).
    3. Availability of well qualified staff as per qualifications detailed in Chapter IX of the Affiliation Bye laws. The number of PRTs, TGTs, & PGTs should be sufficient to teach respective sections.
    4. Non-proprietary character of the Trust or Society running the school (to be shown by way of an affidavit).
    5. Payment of salaries to staff not less than the corresponding categories of employees in the State/Central Government.
      In case of Private unaided schools, the schools must be established by Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 of the Government of India or under Acts of the State Governments as educational, charitable or religious societies having non-proprietary character or by Trusts.
  2. Last date for submission of application is 30th June of the year preceding the year in which class VII, IX, XI is proposed to be started. These classes should not be started without prior affiliation with the Board. However for Extension cases, the schools who have missed the deadline last year can apply this year with late fee. For schools (applying late) who submit their application in January the late fees will be Rs 10000, however from 1 February the late fee will be Rs 50000.
  3. The CBSE will not be responsible for any consequences if these classes are started without proper affiliation etc. by the CBSE.
  4. In case of any dispute(s) regarding the withdrawal or not granting affiliation or any other matter pertaining to upgradation and or any matter arising in respect of anything pertaining to affiliation with any school and or any other person, Society, company or organization, the courts and tribunals at the Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain such disputes.
  5. Schools are required to attach the following documents for applying to APPROVAL OF MIDDLE CLASS SYLLABUS / PROVISIONAL AFFILIATION OR SWITCH OVER UPTO SECONDARY LEVEL / UPGRADATION OR SWITCH OVER TO SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL as scanned copies. (jpg and  pdf files only & not more than 2 MB in size.)
    • No Objection Certificate AND Formal prior Recognition letterIt is mandatory to upload both NOC and Recognition letter. Both have to be scanned as a single pdf file and uploaded.
      Recommendation from Embassy of India (if applicable)
    • Copy of Registration letter of the Trust/Society Management Committee
    • Land Certificate from concerned authority (As per enclosed proforma).
    • Affidavit(As per enclosed proforma) of :
    • Non Proprietary Character of society from First Class Magistrate.
    • No relation amongst the School Managing Committee members.
    • That society/school is not part of any franchise arrangement as per clause 19.1(i) (ii) and clause 7.2
    • That without Affiliation school will not start class 9th/11th otherwise liable for suitable action as per clause 15.9 of Affiliation bye laws of the Board.
    • Infrastructure detail photographs
    • Fire safety certificate
    • Health & Sanitation certificate
    • Safe drinking water certificate
    • Building Safety Certificate
    • Staff EPF deduction certificate
    • Reserve funds proof (Only in case of upgradation)
    • Balance sheet/Financial status certified by CA for last 3 years
    • Salary paid through ECS/Cheque (Certificate issued by the associated bank)
    • In case of switch over,
      1. Affidavit for closure of classes in phased manner along with
      2. 3 years State board result in gazette issued by state board
    • Land registration and/or lease documents
  6. Schools are required to attach the following documents for applying to EXTENSION OF PROVISIONAL AFFILIATION as scanned copies. (jpg and  pdf files only & not more than 2 MB in size.)
    • A Scanned copy of Reserve Fund maintained as per norms.
    • A Scanned copy of EPF code No. allotted by the EPF department.
    • A Scanned copy of Affidavit to the effect that the school is not sponsoring candidates for Board’s Examination of any other School/Branch,which is not affiliated to the Board.


Translate »